Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Book Review~ Thin Places

I'm too tired to think, much less blog. But I did just finish an amazing book that everyone needs to read.


I love to read! Books are treasured friends. And to be honest, I fall in love with most every book I read. So I'm a Publishers dream reviewer! :o)


But then there is the rare gem. The book that captivates you from page 1 and leaves you better than it found you. It's a book that doesn't leave your heart once you've finished it's pages.


"Thin Places" is one of those books.




Mary Demuth is an author, speaker, wife and mom. Her parenting books are perfect for any first generation Christian parents trying to find God's way in this crazy world. But the majority of her books are novels. Artfully written, compelling novels. This book is different. It is her memoir. Her story, in her words.


And let me tell you.... this lady has a heck of a story to tell. Abused, neglected, and lost Mary reaches back into the thin places of her childhood to search for the fingerprints of a Holy God in the midst of a tragic series of events.


If you've ever suffered. If you've ever questioned why circumstances happened to you, you need to read this book! I promise you will find healing for your soul from a girl who has "been there"!


If you read it I'd love to hear your thoughts! I hope it is as powerful for you as it was for me!



Details:





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for such a powerful, sweet review. I so appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete