Wednesday, July 7, 2010

You May Say I'm a Dreamer




I have big dreams.


Big scary dreams.


Always have. Years ago a friend said I reminded her of Joseph. A dreamer who is often misunderstood. For a while I had Gen. 37:19 (Here comes that dreamer) tacked to my computer. I’ve lost the post-it note with the scripture on it, but I haven’t lost the dreams.


They’re still there.


Lately my dreams have felt like sand. Big and vast yet slipping through my fingers. I feel like I can’t grab hold of anything. Like the harder I try to hold on to it the more it slips away. It’s exhausting, this grasping at sand. I’m working myself into a frenzy trying to fill my bucket.


But dreams weren’t meant to be carried in buckets. Dreams are meant to carry us. They are the path we walk upon.






1 comment:

  1. I love being a dreamer. I love putting those dreams into action...most of the time. It's scary stepping out in faith, don't let go of those God-dreams! They will come to fruition.

    ~Your Body Guard

    ReplyDelete