Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Allison & Alexa...

This picture was taken when the girls were 2.5 weeks old. It was their first milestone... a picture with no oxygen masks, heart monitors, umbilical lines, or IVs. It was a temporary respite from all their tubes and wires. We still had 2 more weeks of oxygen and 9 months of heart monitors in our future. But on this day they were free (except for the feeding tubes).

Today milestones are measured differently. Driving cars, late nights with the girls, college applications. Scary stuff. My baby girls are women now.

Tomorrow morning another milestone... Sweet 16! And sweet they are! I am so blessed by these sweet girls. They are a joy, my sunshine!

Today a song from my favorite scene from our favorite movie (that finally applies)... for my 16 year old girls, who wait on an empty stage... I can't wait to see the story of their lives unfold!




You wait little girl

On an empty stage

For fate to turn the light on


Your life little girl

is an empty page

that men will want to write on

to write on


You are 16 going on 17

Waiting for life to start

Somebody kind who touches your mind

Will suddenly touch your heart


When that happens, after it happens

Nothing is quite the same

Somehow I know I'll jump up and go

If ever he calls my name


Gone are your old ideas of life

The old ideas grow dim

Lo and behold you're someone's wife

And you belong to him


You may think this kind of adventure

Never may come to you

Darling 16 going on 17

Wait a year… or two



I'm no Julie Andrews... but my girls are as sweet and beautiful as Lisle.

I am so proud of you both!
Love you forever~
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment