Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Fog

Yesterday morning the snooze button won and I was running late to work. I left the driveway in an hurry, knowing I'd have to make good time to not be late. The only problem was that I found myself in the midst of the thickest fog I've ever seen. I could barely see five feet in front of the van.

In frustration I cried out "Lord, please make this fog go away!" And was answered by a whispered, "Keri, you've been praying that prayer for a long time now".

The last few months of my life have been a fog. I'm unsure of what's ahead and can't see around the next curve. I've felt alone in the dark on a winding stretch of road with the fog pressing in around me leaving me no point of reference, no light to see by.

And my prayer has simply been "Lord, please make this fog go away".

But, in the car that morning driving through the unknown, I realized that my prayer shouldn't be "make it go away" but instead, "Lord, will you walk with me through this storm".

There is something frightening about being in a fog, but it can also be a sacred place. For it is in the midst of the fog that we cling closest to Jesus. It is when it is the darkest of night that the light becomes so important.

So while I'm still unsure of what's ahead, and I still can't see around the next curve, I do not travel alone. There is someone who walks beside me, holding my hand, teaching me to trust Him in the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment