Friday, August 20, 2010

Home

Well I'm going home,
Back to the place where I belong,
And where your love has always been enough for me.
I'm not running from.
No, I think you got me all wrong.
I don't regret this life I chose for me.
But these places and these faces are getting old,
So I'm going home.

Daughtry, Home

Home is sitting at the foot of the cross

Home is wrapped in my husband’s arms.

Home is Uno Flash at the dining room table.

Home is good night hugs, and whispered prayers.

Home is bubble baths with a brand new book.

Home is quiet worship in deep woods.

Home is tickle fights and Wii bowling.

Home is weeding flower beds.

Home is licking batter from bowls.

Home is fresh paper and my favorite pen.

Home is quiet coffee houses with favorite friends.

Home is head on pillow, Bible in hand.

Home is where His love is enough.


I don’t regret this life I’ve chose. But at times it’s draining. At times 4am gets old. At times I miss home. At times the business of life robs me of the simple joys of life. But, I’m going home. I’m taking time.

I’m going home to find refuge. To find strength. To find joy. Home refreshes and renews. Home equips us to live our life with no regrets.

Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. learn the unforced rhythms of grace. Mathew 11:28-29 The Message

I’m going home.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the poem (and the song)! Home is wherever God is...

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete