Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lift Up Your Face

Today I am weak.

Yesterday I fell.

Tiredness. Temptation. Testing.

Arrows from many directions sailed toward me. And for a moment, I dropped my shield and my heart was pierced.

Angry words.

Cold stares.

A sleepless night.

Morning came. And with it regret. Guilt. Sadness. Confession. Repentance. Forgiveness. Acceptance.

The cycle of life.

I desperately wish I wouldn’t fall. Wouldn’t speak angry words to innocent hearts. Wouldn’t let weakness cause my words to sting.

But it is here… in brokenness that I realize how much I need Him. How horribly things go wrong when I forget to depend on His strength.

And here… in my weakness He sings to me.




1 comment:

  1. Love this! I just found your blog today via inCourage and I am SO happy to find it! I love your encouraging posts!

    Blessings!
    Melanie
    ~ melscoffeebreak.blogspot.com ~

    ReplyDelete